Monday, March 16, 2009

shop til you cry

I went shopping today, its my day off and I make these great plans but they usually fall through because I end up wandering through Ross. Spending time in Ross makes me feel like I have just watched too much tv..my eyes are glazed over and it hurts to go back out into the sunlight. There are some really...ugly...clothes out there, really. Not only are the clothes uggo but I feel discrimnated against at the store..there is no section for someone my age. I wander through the junior department..when are you no longer a junior? Is it when you are pushing 25 or you just tired of getting clothes that require me to wear a tshirt under it and like a sweater over it just to "unskankify". I guess the "junior section" would be 12 yr olds and up. I am getting up there in age and starting to feel like a creeper or a has-been shopping next to the punk rocky skinny jeans girls. When the people next to me are back to school shopping with their mom..bad sign. "What's up girlfriends, does this tube top look good on me?" So I guess that means it is time to go to the......women's section. It was like coming of age when I made that choice today to cross the isle...and yet I felt uncomfortable there too.. Clothes seemed..flowy..which is nice in a sun dress but not in a tshirt. I start finding labels bragging that these lovely tapered-leg pants come with "slimming panels"...After trying on the "skinny jeans" back on the other side I admit that a "slimming panel" wouldn't kill me but...I'm just not ready for that yet. So where do I belong besides on a diet? And yet I know if I just keep stumbling around Ross I will find...something..even for an in betweener like me.

1 comment:

Shala, Darrell, & Jazzlyn said...

Get pregnant... Than you will have a place in the store.