Friday, April 18, 2008

Town

So in Hawaii they call Honolulu town..no matter which part of the island you live. Today I went to a job interview in town. Stick my bike on the front of the bus and off I go. After the interview I decided to wander around town. First I went to buy a helmet for my bike..finally. As I am biking by with my new fancy helmet I see a security guard bending near a man lying in the grass. I stop to ask if everything is ok, the man must have been really intoxicated. I tell the guard that I am an EMT (expired) and I can help if he needed it. He looks at me and asks "are you a single EMT? I think you just inspired me to become an EMT, maybe we could be partners." uhh...yeah maybe, It must be the helmet...well back on the bike.
After this I decided to hit China town. I may never make it to an Asian country in my life and that is ok...I think China town gives you a pretty good taste. I wandered the markets and bought a roll and a custard tart. You really have to be aggresive, I was being run over by little Asian women half my size. I was looking at all the interesting meats you could buy and was thinking if I buy the pork head, chicken feet, a couple of tenderloins and some intestines I could take it home and make my own adorable fraken-pet.

Two dollars and I am back on the bus!

No comments: